Maryborough is a country town located alongside the Mary River about 255 kilometres north of Brisbane, Queensland. This lovely town is steeped in history with many of the buildings in the main street being heritage listed. The beautifully preserved colonial streets give visitors the chance to soak up some of Queensland’s richest history and heritage architecture.
With a population of approximately 22,500, the people of Maryborough are very friendly and welcoming to all. This town is a must visit location for all Queensland travellers.
Maryborough serves as a gateway to the Fraser Coast offering a wide range of attractions:
- Once one of Australia’s largest ports, and now voted one of Queensland’s “Must Do” experiences, the original wharf district is now home to vintage restaurants, pubs, museums and art galleries.
- Maryborough Heritage Markets. Every Thursday from 8 am – 1 pm the centre of Maryborough becomes a hype of activity with the local markets. There are lots of local arts, crafts, music and food.
- On the last Sunday of each month go along to the Sunday in the Park – a lazy Sunday morning of fun, food, brass bands, steam ride trains and river cruises.
- Whale Watching in Hervey Bay – get up close and personal with these amazing creatures from July to November.
- Fraser Island – the longest sand island in the world offers an opportunity to get in contact with nature – bushwalking, birdwatching, fishing, four-wheel driving, swimming in fresh-water lakes.
Management and staff of the Lamington Hotel are proud of their town, its history and the experiences that it offers to visitors throughout the year. This pride is reflected when you walk through the doors of this traditional hotel motel. The friendly country hotel offers so much for the locals and visitors alike.
- A large central public bar with plenty of seating – you can order your cold drink, watch a game of football, try your luck on keno, or have a game of pool. Why not have a yarn with a local and find out the places to go and things to do.
- If playing the pokies is more your style then enter our modest gaming room for a flutter.
- A warm and inviting bistro and dining room. Cocky’s Grill will have your taste buds dancing.
- A covered beer garden furnished with large timber slab dining tables and bench seats. This is the place to be with friends and family enjoying a great meal in the outdoors.
- We haven’t forgotten the kiddies with our new kid’s room. This is furnished with a tv so they can watch movies and a PlayStation. The room is enclosed with large glass windows allowing the children to play safely while their parents can keep an eye on their little ones.
- Detached motel rooms, standard or budget, that can cater for singles, couples or families. Clean, comfortable and competitively priced.
- A well-stocked Bottlemart drive-through bottle shop selling a wide range of beers, wines, soft-drink, snacks and ice.
- Plenty of on-site parking, we can even accommodate your truck.
The Lammy is an easy drive to the Hervey Bay Airport or the barge to Fraser Island. Make us your stopover destination the next time you are visiting this magnificent and historical region of Queensland, Australia.